Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Collaboration is a great thing!



Well hello my beady friends! I know, I am a tardy and infrequent blogger (shame on me!) but I'm back on track and in the studio after a hectic year of bead shows and teaching engagements. All good stuff mind you!

Several months ago, I participated in a wonderful collaboration project called Convergence, that paired lampwork artists from the International Society of Glass Beadmakers (www.isgb.org) and jewelry designers from the Bead and Button readership around the globe. I was fortunate to be paired with the talented Melissa Cable who is the owner of Beadclub in Woodinville, Washington (www.beadclub.com) and the resulting creation has just been featured on page 16 in the newest special issue of Bead and Button magazine! This issue features 20 projects from the Convergence exhibit - if you haven't seen it yet better rush to get your copy! There are some amazing projects in there and they all look to be a lot of fun to create! So special thanks to Bead and Button magazine, the ISGB and my design partner, Melissa for making this wonderful project possible.

oh - and please check back tomorrow......I'm listing new beads in the store again! Yay!!

No comments: