Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For your Goddess within.........




I have been having so much fun in the studio lately revisiting a bead style that I haven't made in years........goddesses! When I first started making beads about 8 years ago, goddesses were among the first beads I made. I love sculpture and the human form is one of the most lovely things to sculpt! Looking back at my earlier goddesses, there is a dramatic difference to the ones I am creating now. I am finding that my recent goddess beads are more curvy, sensual and realistic than before. Whereas my earlier goddesses were more of a tribute to "Barbie" - with sculpted abs and long and lean figures, these goddesses are more classic in form and have a softer, more mature beauty - rounder, fuller and reflect the natural beauty that evolves with time and a life well lived. I will be posting more in the next while and would love to hear what you think!

No comments: