Monday, August 3, 2009

What a summer!


Whew! What a crazy summer it's been so far! I've hardly had a moment to sit at the computer this past month as you can probably tell by my lack of blog posts! Stephanie and I were in Miami last week for the ISGB Gathering and Bead Bazaar - what a blast!! Before that we were in Tacoma for the Puget Sound Bead Festival. In between shows was the usual insane hours at the torch making beads with barely a breather in between!

Now that August is here (my long awaited month at home!) I can devote more time to getting back into a semblance of a routine and spend some time creating new work in the studio and catching up on all of my email correspondence. Time for a big studio clean as well....it always looks like a bomb went off in there during show season! My studio is my own little piece of heaven though I must say, and now that I have installed air conditioning (a must have for the insane heat wave we've been experiencing here in the Pacific Northwest!) I can comfortably catch up on torch time without suffering from heat exhaustion.

As for what's coming up next.....more shows! Yes, Stephanie and I have booked ourselves into the BeadFest Portland show in late September! We've never done this show before and are really looking forward to it. We also have a wonderful little art show on Vancouver Island coming up at the beginning of September at the Kitty Coleman Gardens - if you are in the area this summer please take a look at my "shows" page for more info!

I have some new beads listed in my Etsy store as well.....a few horse portraits and some cheeky crows! I'll be listing a dragonfly later today and more new beads throughout the week so stay tuned!

Well, time to head back out to the studio....as much as I love traveling it's good to be home and back at the torch. :)

Hope you all are having a great summer!!

No comments: