Monday, November 2, 2009

Winter Ravens



While most people lament the end of summer, I am inspired by the crispness in the fall air and look forward to winter! I grew up on Silver Star Mountain in the interior of BC and one of my favorite things was to watch the magnificent trees turn color then see their stark beauty as their leaves blew away in the wind. There was always something magical about how the first frost clung to the trees in the early mornings and I loved it when the snow would start to fall and dust the ground like icing sugar.

I have just listed some new ravens that are inspired by the beauty of British Columbia in the winter. Stark landscapes of silvered pines covered in frost, bright full moons that illuminate the snow covered ground and of course, my ever present ravens strutting their stuff and claiming the last berries of the season!

More landscapes and other surprises to come this week so I hope you'll check in again soon! Have a great week!

No comments: